Located in a suburban entertainment complex in Oakville, Ontario, Canada, next to a massive movie theatre lies the dining establishment, Trattoria Timone Ristorante Italiano. With a glow in the dark mini golf course, fast food restaurants, and bars nearby it’s an unlikely location for an upscale restaurant, but don’t let the location steer you away.
Location: 2091 Winston Park Drive, Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Menu: Featuring classic Italian favorites such as bruschetta, eggplant parmigiana, gourmet thin crust pizza Margherita, spaghetti Bolognese, and veal scaloppini piccata; everything on the menu looks and sounds delicious. For something a little more out of the ordinary, look to the daily specials for imaginative choices such as tonight’s Wild Boar Chop ($28 CAN) with black plum chutney, daily potato, and mixed vegetables. Servers are happy to assist with menu suggestions.
Thoughts: With brick walls, mirrors, and large framed windows the decor inside the restaurant is warm, welcoming, smart and sexy. Teal, beige, and brown banquettes surround the perimeter with dark wood tables and floors that contrast the sparkling lights on the ceiling. Add to this white and navy brocade chairs and tables in the center of the restaurant, and the luxurious atmosphere makes this the perfect place for an exceptional dining experience.
The open kitchen doesn’t distract but adds some warmth to the restaurant as wait staff dressed all in black scurry around the busy restaurant serving fresh made Italian goodness to hungry diners.
What to try:
- Crispy Crab Cakes ($12 CAN) served with a remoulade sauce, baby greens, avocado salsa. Crispy on the outside, tender and succulent on the inside.
- Oysters Rockefeller ($3.50 CAN/piece or 6 for $21.00 CAN) Fresh oysters, topped with sautéed spinach, Pernod, mornay sauce and baked. I like to have three as a starter before my meal as an amuse bouche. The oysters are rich, decadent, and yummy.
- Jumbo Seafood Ravioli ($29 CAN) Large pasta sheets filled with lobster, shrimp, and scallops in light basil rosé sauce, and baked with mozzarella.
- Osso Buco ($29 CAN) Slowly braised in red wine, tomato, veal jus, served with potato and mixed vegetable.
My favorite dish: Gelato ($3.50 CAN/scoop) I normally have the lemon sorbet it’s refreshing and a great way to end a rich meal, but I always ask what the daily special selection gelato is just in case it’s something especially exotic like mango! The gelatos are made in house and are creamy, and delicious and will remind you of Rome.
Pricing: Gourmet Pizzas range from $19-26 CAN; Pastas range from $22-29 CAN; Entrées start at $25 CAN.
You really can’t go wrong with anything on the menu at Trattoria Timone Ristorante Italiano. It’s a popular restaurant choice whenever my friends and I plan a girl’s night out because everyone walks away happy and the service is always on point.
If you need a hotel in the Ontario area, check out these reviews on TripAdvisor.
Pinterest: File this Italian food find on your favorite Pinterest board.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Clicking through for additional information or to make a purchase may result in a small commission being paid. By doing so, you help support this site and its authors, and we thank you.
Latest posts by Mary Chong (see all)
- Kirin and Kushikatsu at Oyaji no Kushiya Shinsekai Main Store in Osaka Japan - January 24, 2018
- Supermoon Japanese-Style Cheesecakes in Streetsville Ontario Canada - January 10, 2018
- I Love Pho – Asian Cuisine in Mississauga Ontario Canada - December 27, 2017