Do you want to write for The Yums?
The first step is to spend some time reviewing the format in which we write our reviews and then contact us about writing a guest post in keeping with our editorial guidelines.
Keep in mind:
- We require one horizontally formatted photo with the review. The file size should be reasonable for web purposes and not so large as to slow down the loading of the page. High res is not desired, but the photo should be crisp, colorful, and make someone want to visit the restaurant. The photo should not be watermarked.
- If you wish to include additional photos, they should be used in a gallery format.
- Priority scheduling is given to those who can include a Pinterest graphic. We will create one if this is not your forte.
- Guest posts may include an author bio, with links to the author’s blog and social media profiles.
- The post should contain one link to the restaurant’s website.
- The photo should be appropriately titled, with description and alt tags.
After a successful guest post, we will be happy to discuss an ongoing contributor relationship, if that is of interest. We also remain open to curated guest posts from friends of the blog.