Taco Dive is the “go-to” eatery for locals. With three locations across the Treasure Coast, Taco Dive has you covered. Fort Pierce is the original location, and the dive is centrally located in the walkable downtown, making it the perfect stop for lunch or dinner.
Location: 208 North 2nd Street, Fort Pierce, Florida
Menu: The menu contains a nice selection of delectable creations, from the mundane, normal beef taco to the diabolically creative “Under Dog” taco. And the Smothered Tots? Well, let’s just say that you must try them! Of course, for the non-taco fan in the group, there is a selection of sandwiches and salads and several vegetarian taco choices. Taco Dive even offers a gluten-free menu so you can have your taco and eat it too.
Thoughts: The interior is full of reclaimed and repurposed decor. From the ancient bell that is hung beside the door to encourage patrons to ring the bell if they enjoyed a good meal to the wooden pallets that have been hung at various angles as art on the wall, every corner of Taco Dive was designed to make folks feel at home.
The open concept kitchen sits behind a bar that is faced with what appears to be old hurricane shutters (pretty appropriate in an area that has seen more than its fair share of hurricanes). Each dish is fresh and made to order. The stand-out at Taco Dive are the people. Everyone works as a team, and they are welcoming and friendly.
Some of our favorite dishes include:
- Smothered Tots are tater tots that are taken warm from the oven and smothered in queso sauce, and topped with chopped green onion and bacon. These delightfully delicious bites of potato covered in queso and bacon melt in your mouth.
- Guacamole is made fresh each day. With avocado, tomato, cilantro, onion and lime juice this guacamole is perfectly balanced; each bite gives a bit of a zing.
- The Under Dog is a hot dog taco topped with all the best fixings – shredded cabbage, tomato, cucumber, jalapeño, onion, queso fresca crumbles, spicy mustard, and cheese. It’s a spicy, tangy, tasty, taco with just a bit of heat from jalapeños.
- The Irish is filled with corned beef that has been slow roasted in beer, sautéed shredded cabbage, tater tots, and spicy mustard. As Taco Dive says, “It’s St. Patrick’s Day in a taco!”
- Offering both a Fresh Fish Taco and a Cajun Shrimp Taco makes the decision hard, but the Cajun Shrimp Taco is tasty, with just the perfect amount of blackening to give the shrimp a nice spicy taste. Tomato and avocado top the shrimp and a lime chipotle sauce drizzled on top for a perfect flavor balance.
- The Drunken Burrito is stuffed full of seasoned ground beef, tomato, white queso sauce, shredded mixed cheese and tater tots. This dish is huge and is easily split between two people.
Price Range: “Food Before Food” appetizers range from $5 for their Fresh Salsa to $10 for Nachos. Tacos are $4.50 to $5. Greens and sandwiches range from $6 to $8 and protein additions for the salads are $3 for beef, chicken, and pork; $5 for shrimp and steak. Fish is market price.
Pin this to your favorite foodie board:
- A Funky Italian Food Experience at Bacci Trattoria, Vero Beach, Flordia - January 26, 2018
- Dive In at Taco Dive, Fort Pierce, Florida - January 12, 2018
- Green Marlin Restaurant & Raw Bar in Vero Beach, Florida - December 8, 2017