Stumbling upon a great food find is the best memory one can have while traveling and I look back at that chance visit to Pizzeria Moretti in Montreal, Quebec, with a smile. With exceptional service, a great dining atmosphere, and yummy eats, this local Italian eatery in the urban residential district of Griffintown is an absolute palate pleaser.
Location: 1059 Wellington Street, Montreal, [amazon_textlink asin=’146545716X’ text=’Quebec’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’theyums-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’c7a0d588-ade2-11e7-99fa-7fb26c70b274′]
Menu: Featuring the classics of Italian cuisine on their menu, I suggest you start your meal at the top of the list and work your way down. Antipasti, Insalata (salad), Crudo (raw), Pasta, Calzone, Pesce (seafood), Carne (meat), and of course Pizza — it’s all there. The thin crust pizza (there are 12 to choose from on the menu) is the star of the evening, and it’s freshly made at the front of the restaurant for all to see. There are also daily specials including a risotto and a fish selection.
Thoughts: Approaching the restaurant from the street corner on a summer’s day you’ll find the massive windows open to let in the breeze; it’s dining al fresco but without having to worry about sunscreen. The windows are in essence a tease – especially the one by the stone pizza oven – as the sound of the music, the buzz of the patron’s conversations, and the sight of the happy faces devouring their food tempt and lure you inside. It works; it got us in the door, and it will likely work on you too!
Once inside the door, the warmth of the decor welcomes you further inside as you sit in one of the leather booths surrounded by dark wood tables, exposed brick, and greenery.
The food arrives, and you never want to leave.
A few dishes to try:
- Fritto Misto ($14CAN) Fried calamari, shrimp and white fish, lemon-black pepper aioli, and a tomato marmalade. Tender, perfectly cooked and seasoned seafood in a light breading, it was thoroughly delicious with the aioli and marmalade. We ordered this appetizer with the notion of sharing it, but I’m pretty sure that I ate most of the dish myself.
- Moretti pizza ($22CAN) It’s the house special so, you know it’s going to be good. [amazon_textlink asin=’B00CEW2SXE’ text=’Pomodoro San Marzano’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’theyums-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’15c98802-ade3-11e7-9fa8-717e6e02d4fb’] (plum tomatoes), fior di latte (a semi-soft, fresh cheese similar to mozzarella), black tiger shrimp, triple smoked bacon, arugula, in an arrabbiata sauce.
- Fettuccine all’astice ($28CAN) Fresh lobster, [amazon_textlink asin=’B00PXRL3D8′ text=’shitake mushrooms’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’theyums-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’2d43d150-ade3-11e7-b677-0b9a69b5503f’], cherry tomatoes, and a lobster bisque.
For dessert try one of the homemade ice creams or sorbets ($7CAN) or the bomboloni alla Nutella ($8CAN) deep fried homemade doughnut stuffed with Nutella, icing sugar and a caramel drizzle.
The slogan on the website at Pizzeria Moretti in Montreal Quebec says “A modern restaurant loyal to old-world traditions”, and it fits them perfectly.
Looking for a place to stay in Montreal? Check out hotels and read reviews here.
Pinterest: Add Pizzeria Moretti in Montreal Quebec to your favorite Pinterest board.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Clicking through for additional information or to make a purchase may result in a small commission being paid. By doing so, you help support this site and its authors, and we thank you.
[amazon_link asins=’1101878606,1743215509,1400052580,1631062948′ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’theyums-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’68d8acab-ae01-11e7-b3ce-5527780ae9b1′]
- Beer History, a Genny and a Bratwurst at Genesee Brew House Rochester NY - June 8, 2018
- Kirin and Kushikatsu at Oyaji no Kushiya Shinsekai Main Store in Osaka Japan - January 24, 2018
- Supermoon Japanese-Style Cheesecakes in Streetsville Ontario Canada - January 10, 2018